It’s time get the new year off to a creative start—and make some resolutions you’ll actually keep in the process.
The rules are simple:
- List ten things you resolve NOT to do in the upcoming year.
- Be as creative as possible.
To get this thing rolling, here are…
My 2011 New Year’s Anti-Resolutions
- I will NOT try to get my kids to use rechargeable batteries by telling them that every time they throw away a regular battery an angel loses its wings.
- I will NOT try to free up spaces next to me on the bus by reading aloud from my Kindle version of The Anarchist’s Cookbook.
- I will NOT lobby the local school board to teach the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, even though String Theory teaches us that at the sub-atomic level we are all rather noodly.
- I will NOT, assuming I earn my Kilt this year, bedazzle it so as to make myself more visible.
- I will NOT found a new religion with a bovine deity in an attempt to deduct my over-consumption of Red Bull from my taxes.
- I will NOT sink my savings into an attempt to have MTV Games add Kazoo Hero to their stable of video games.
- I will NOT legally change my name to Inigo Montoya so that I have a unique pick-up line to use when meeting women.
- I will NOT pursue my loves of science and writing by completing my draft of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Nuclear Fusion in the Home.
- I will NOT announce myself at my friends’ doors with…Knock, knock, knock, “Penny”, knock, knock, knock, “Penny”, knock, knock, knock, “Penny.”
- I will NOT go an entire year without using question marks, while mocking my friends because of their use of mongrel punctuation.
7 thoughts on “My 2011 Anti-Resolutions”
I so enjoy reading your anti-resolutions. they’re so funny. but I especially like #1. i just watched It’s a Wonderful life last Christmas.
and mongrel punctuation? ha ha. Wish I’m half as funny and inventive as you are. 🙂
No. 7 is hilarious 🙂
Happy New Year
Hilarious! Although I am very disappointed in #4. Who can resist bedazzling?
Funny stuff here.
I think you should reconsider #3. It sounds like you have a case or at least enough for a media frenzy.
Shreeeeeek out loud with” Inigo Montoya”……….
here are mine
OK I really liked #1 and #2, but I LOVED #7.
You see, I just saw that movie for the first time about a week ago. There was just something about that line in the movie that was magically humorous and memorable.